1. PATCHWORK + COLLEGIATE: Keep a sporty varsity sweater from looking to young, or patchwork jeans from looking to home-spun, by mixing the trends together. The look stays street style polished with a structured handbag and heels in a neutral color. (See my easy and chic patchwork DIY here)
courtesy of collagevintage.com
2. DOUBLE COATED: A denim jacket looks like a top buttoned up as a first layer under a wool overcoat (shop my denim edit under $150 here)
courtesy of Tommy Ton
3. SHINE ALL THE TIME: Another spin on the embellished and embroidery trend that's happening right now in denim. The trick here is containing sequin patches to the knees (no be-dazzled back pockets here) and choosing a skinny jean to keep the look clean. Whenever I'm wearing something that feels youthful, I like to mix in serious pieces- like this slim and sophisticated blazer- to create a great high/low mix.
4. CHIC OVERALLS: Click here to see street style tricks for sophisticated ideas with overalls
courtesy of streetstyleseconds.com
5. DENIM ON DENIM + POST LABOR DAY WHITE: A refreshingly modern take on denim worn back to denim